Sunday, September 26, 2010

Date 101

I went to Gracepoint earlier today. I woke up in a rush, showered, threw some stuff on and rushed over. Discipleship was about dating, and about the relationships we form. How quaint of me to walk in late in a talk about girls and guys. Since I wasn't there last week either, I was a bit lost about where they and what they were talking about. Suzanne talked about the things to look for in a relationship, but the main thing was to look not at the relationship between her and I, but at the relationship she has with girls, God, and groups. Makes sense. They also brought up the atmosphere of separation that people sometimes bring up about Gracepoint. I guess it's not a bad thing.

I just have to get plugged into a fellowship... possibly. Which is what John talked to me about afterward again. I have been staying with the groups I've gone to more or less. Going regularly, but as John brought up, it's been pulling at me where to go more. I like Gracepoint and all, but I haven't to know people more. All these upperclassmen and I'm a bit lost at who is who. :/ With IV, the people I meet are a lot less varied- I don't really talk much to new people/other people. Here at Gracepoint, I do that a bit more. But ugh, there's Andy, Albert, Kevin, ... soooo MANY people. Again, I forgot people's names >_> gah. But I guess if I don't know them that well, and I won't be seeing them much, it doesn't matter all that much, yea:? But if I stay, there's all the more need to get with it.

Today during the message, a guy Vincent shared his testimony about the things that were going on with him during his past three years. It was intense, all the struggles that he went through, whether to give up or to keep going to church and keep the relationships he had made there alive, or to give it up and fall back to his older ways. There was much temptation for him, and while I know there's not as much in my own life, I know that there's also an aspect of that indecisiveness with me about which Church and fellowship to not just frequent, but to be really devoted to one group and growing with them.

People have been saying, and I do feel get that feeling, that yes, the people I meet here will be those with whom I will be forming relationships with in the next few, or many many years. It's just hard to find a great group of friends and just click. It will take time and effort to get to know people better.

A few nights ago, er. Friday night, I went over to Jonathan Jung's room. Interesting people. I'm sorta getting to getting to know my floor-mates better, but there's still so many people. lalala

So this past week was CS midterm; I still have to finish a project due Wednesday. Not fun. It's supposed to be a picture making program using vectors. :D but it's tough >_> About them midterms, I didn't do well, at all. I guess this will be college. It just scared me about what I would do with my first ever D on a test... I think it was. I almost cried. and thought about dropping the course :/ The pressure to do well. ! ack. Yesterday, I looked up how to calculate a GPA and was a bit reassured. It's intensely hard to get a 4.0. So screw it. I don't need to get that high of a grade anymore... I never did actually. I need to remember what's more important. Which is to learn to material. And not fuss about quirky problems, yea?

Cheer's to a full month since school started. I'm debating whether or not to go to the football game on the 9th for homecoming. It would be a first football game I would ever attend. Or I could go to the Big Game. :<>

We can choose and decide
our paths deep or wide,
but for each way we do take,
we can't decide midway to flake.
I want to keep it clean,
there's much else to be seen
in the things that take place.
I look in my mirror but see
a plump and chubby face.
It's not how I want to be.
But what can I really do?
End this rhyme with a moo?

No comments:

Post a Comment