It's been 9 years since 9/11 events. It's been 16 days since school started, 22 since I moved in. I'm almost at the month mark. Where did all that time go?
This past week was busy, but I did have time to keep in touch with friends, skype for a while, and even go watch the Cal vs. Colorado game. 52-7. Quite intense. After hearing about grandma, there's been several things going through my mind. It's intensely sobering that after all these years, she slipped through our hands. All that effort is now a part of the past. Yet, we still have to move on. All we can hope is that God will take her in. C and Y- It's been almost eight months since they've been together. Yet, time again separated the two of them. There have been so many events planned for these evenings that I really have to pick and choose which to go to. There's only so much time we have on our hands.
This Tuesday's SM Bible study with IV was smaller this week. I really liked it though. We covered a chapter in Luke about Mary and Joseph and Elizabeth and Zechariah. Reading the Word, voicing our questions, poring over the passage, we thoroughly looked at the events that occurred. O yea, I even volunteered to pray for the five of us. twas a first~
IV's large group yesterday was also thought provoking, and even more moving. In accord with the IV mission statement to transform lives, and renew campuses and the world, we heard testimonies from several groups of people who went on trips abroad, or even in local Oakland. I would love to have that experience, but who knows where EECS will lead me to?
She glides through our lives
seemingly unbound by size
We didn't see her as precious
until she suddenly left us
Why does it have to be linear,
and not with us stay here?
Only she moves in a line;
we people call her time.
No comments:
Post a Comment